Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My February

1.       Before starting my second month, i collect the images for the background manipulation.




2.       I planed to do my second calendar using snowy theme. I choose pyramid as my wonder for this. My plan is to make a pyramid in Ice Mountain.


3.       I placed the ice mountain image as the background in the A4 sized canvas.


4.       Then i cut out the pyramid of gaze image using magnetic lasso tool.


5.       I placed the pyramid in the ice mountain and make it fit in the right place.


6.       Then i desature the image of pyramid using adjustment panel.



7.       Then i applied color overlay to the image and set the blend mode to overlay. I used light blue to match the color of the mountain and reduce the opacity.



8.       Then i applied layer mask to the pyramid.


9.       Using splatter brush tool i maked the ice at the bottom of the pyramids to be visible to make it look like its on the pyramid.



10.   The i satisfied with the pyramid thing.


11.   Then i started to do on second image. I used Abu simbal image.


12.   I cut the abu simbal image using magnetic lasso tool and place it in the left corner of the ice mountain.  


13.   Using the match color function, i matched the color of both images.


14.   I set the layer in luminosity blend mode. Then i applied layer mask to it.



15.   Using the brush tool on the layer mask i erased the edges of abu simbal to make it realistic.



16.   Then im satisfied with the whole background.


17.   Then i started to work on my typography.

18.   I typed the word February.

19.   I applied some outer glow effect to it.


20.   Using the same method as i did for my first month i maked a stroke path under the month and added some outer glow effect with matching colors.


21.   Then i added a box and reduce the opacity.


22.   Then i used my personal photos that i have taken earlier and  cut it using magnetic lasso tool and place it into the calendar.





23.   Then, i rasterize the typography. Using smudge tool i dragged the edge of the letter B. Then, i erased the path where my hand overlapping.



24.   Using the previous technics i placed my photo inside.




25.   Once again i have to erase the in between parts of the wall in the photo.


26.   Then i satisfied with te whole calendar, and finalize it.


27.   Thats all.

No comments:

Post a Comment