Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My E-Wallpaper working progress

To start my wallpaper , I take my first step by opening a new blank document . I opened a document in A4 . size as required

I managed to use my own images to create my wallpaper. I assigned my friend to be my model for my wallpaper .First I take several shots in different angle.
 




Then I choose the best to use for my wallpaper.



I placed the image in my document . Then, apply a layer mask to the image. I used brush tool to hide the background of the image. The black color brush in layer mask make the wallpaper background visible. It makes the girl seems to be standing in dark area. I reduce the hardness and diameter size of the brush to crop the girl image presicely.



After that, I used healing & spot healing brush  on the girl’s face to touch up. I also adjusted some hue and saturation with color balance.


I increase yellow color a bit because yellow plays a big role in Indian community.
Then I used star brush to add some affects to the glow in the lamp.

 
I used different sizes of the star brush to show the distance from the lamp.
Then , I used blending options and applied Outer glow effect to the stars to make it glow. I adjusted the noise a bit to make it look like coming from the lamp.


Then, I started to work on the typho for my wallpaper. I typed the word ‘ happy deepavali’  because its obviously shows the festival .I applied gradient overlay to the text . I used rainbow color gradient  to the text to enhance the festival.



I downloaded floral brushes from internet resources. I use the floral brush on the typho to make the the ornament looks coming from the text.
After that, I create a layer mask to the typho and brushed on it to hide ornaments which is inside the letters. It will make the ornaments looks like coming out from the letters. Then I applied shadow to it to show some depth.



I saved several textures from google images and merge it together to  make a textured background to my wallpaper.





 Here is the final texture which is merged together.



Then I applied mask to the texture  and applied gradient overlay to it. Because without the gradient overlay..the glow effect of the light will fade out.


I also took a photograph of some decoration in my house on the day of the festival. I managed to use that image in the corner of my wallpaper.




I opened the image and cropped the image using magnetic lasso tool.

Then I pasted the cropped image on my wallpaper.
I played with opacity of the image and applied outer glow effect to it.


 Then I finalized my wallpaper.




 



    1 comment: